Cheri Lambert (Jury Clerk)
Law & Justice Center
110 N. Main St., 2nd Floor, Suite 213
Pontiac, IL 61764
Phone: (815) 842-9357
Fax: (815) 842-0819
What to Expect
- Parking passes will be distributed on the first day of service
- Casual dress is acceptable
- Donuts & Coffee will be provided
- Bring cell phones/tablets/books as there will be quite a lot of downtime
- WIFI available
- Jurors are paid $15.00 per day of service, and $0.30 per mile.
Any person who fails to appear will be considered as guilty of contempt and can be subject to court fines.
Jurors are drawn from a pool of:
- Legal voters
- Persons issued Illinois driver’s license & Illinois Identification Card
- Disability Identification Card holders
- Claimants for unemployment insurance of the county
Jurors must be:
- Inhabitants of the county
- 18 years or older
- Free from all legal exception
- Able to understand the English language, whether in spoken or written form or interpreted into sign language
- Citizens of the United States of America
From a list of around 1,000 qualified jurors, the Jury Commission Clerk will issue summons for petit jury service. Summons must be issued at least 20 days before the first day of jury service and within 5 days of drawing.
Employees summoned for jury duty must be given time off to serve as jurors and employees must give their employer reasonable notice of jury service.
To be excused from jury service because of a total and permanent disability a written letter from a licensed physician needs to be filled out stating that the prospective juror has a total and permanent disability, briefly describe the disability, explains how it prevents the prospective juror from serving as a juror, and states that the prospective juror will never be able to serve as a juror (see Disability Letter at top of the page).